Preparing for a new baby can be an overwhelming experience. When I was pregnant with Ellie, I spent months and months gathering advice from other mothers and reading a ton of reviews online. The industry is so flooded with products that deciding on a simple item suddenly becomes a daunting task. With two babies that are 2 and under, I am often asked by expectant mamas for recommendations. Below is a list of some of my favorites.
Anything you or your baby loved? Let me know!
1. Bugaboo Cameleon3 – I highly recommend “test driving” strollers before you make your choice. For me, it was important to find a good quality stroller that moved well and would grow with our family. The Bugaboo maneuvers like a dream! It also comes with a bassinet that is perfect for newborns – I hated keeping Ellie and Niko cramped in a carseat if we were out all day. There is a board/seat accessory that attaches to the stroller – which is great for toddlers.
2. FridaBaby NoseFrida – The thought of sucking snot out of your babies nose may seem gross, but don’t worry, nothing gets in your mouth! The NoseFrida beats out the regular bulb aspirators when it comes to clearing little noses. Spraying a little saline also helps loosen up the congestion.
3. Yada Digital Tiny Traveller – I originally started with these backseat mirrors, but I noticed I was constantly looking in my rear view mirror while driving to check on the kids. With the Yada Digital, the wireless camera transmits to a monitor that you can easily set up on your dashboard which lets me keep my eyes on the road at all times. The best part about it – I can see the kids clearly at night.
4. Freshly Picked Soft Soled Moccasins – Baby feet are cute, but so are these moccs! Ellie and Niko were both born in the cooler months of the year and I found these to be the easiest (and most stylish) to slip on their little feet.
5. DockATot Grand – I discovered this pod while searching for toddler bed rails. Thinking it would be a cozier transition for Ellie when we moved her into her big girl bed – I ordered one to try it out. She slept 11 solid hours her first night! We were sold immediately and ended up ordering a second for Niko, who loves it just as much.
6. UPPAbaby G-link Umbrella Stroller – We picked up this umbrella stroller shortly after Niko was born. It is the only umbrella stroller that comes with an infant insert (0-6 months) and it easily fits through standard sized doorways! We use this for walks and vacations since it is a lighter, more compact stroller than our Bugaboo. UPPAbaby also makes the G-luxe, which is a single umbrella stroller.
7. Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Nighttime Balm – Ellie has had mild eczema since she was about 6 months old. We tried everything from coconut oil to hydrocortisone cream to soothe her itchy skin without much luck. I found this nighttime balm last month and she loves it. It’s thick consistency soothes her dry skin and itchiness for over 12 hours.
8. Sleepy Owl Soothing Baby’s Blue Oil – Niko had some pretty bad baby acne when he was born and this oil was magical! We noticed an immediate improvement after just one application. It is made with avocado oil, vitamin E, blue chamomile and lavender oil to help soothe skin irritations and redness. I keep it around for any type of skin irritation or booboos.
9. Aden + Anais Muslin Swaddlers – My babes loved to be swaddled. These muslin swaddlers are breathable and get softer with each wash.
10. Ju-Ju-Be ‘Be Quick’ Wristlet – This may be my #1 favourite baby item. It is the perfect size for a couple diapers, wipes, disposable change pads, and an outfit. I love that I can easily transfer this wristlet from my diaper bag to a purse.
11. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow – If you are planning to nurse, this is the pillow to do it with. Most other nursing pillows out there, like the Boppy, are soft and cozy, but do not offer much support. My Brest Friend is a firmer pillow where the baby can lay comfortably on while nursing without sinking – I loved that I didn’t have to constantly readjust while nursing and I had my hands free. Other great items for you nursing mamas are this hands-free pumping bra and the Bebe Au Lait nursing cover.
12. Evenflo Baby Carrier – B loved this carrier! It is super easy to use and it’s under $20.
13. Marc Jacobs Peppy Eliz-A Baby Bag – When it is absolutely necessary for me to carry a diaper bag, this is the one. It’s discrete, fits a ton and doesn’t scream “diaper bag!”
14. Baby Shusher – This was heaven-sent whenever Ellie or Niko would get fussy while we are out. The gentle shush would settle them immediately.
15. California Baby Calendula Shampoo and Body Wash – Babies have sensitive skin and products like Johnson & Johnson’s tend to aggravate them due to their high pH (acidity levels). My doula suggested using something more gentle like olive oil to bathe them and a natural shampoo to keep them from developing cradle cap. We have been using this since Ellie was a baby and haven’t had any issues.
16. Keekaroo Peanut Changer – Traditional change pads require you to use change pad sheets, which can quickly get messy when accidents happen. The Keekaroo peanut changer is made of a dura-soft material that is water (and pee and poop!) resistant.
Shop the Post