It’s Monday… It’s Spring… and I totally need to get back onto the blogging bandwagon that I have totally fallen off. Where do I even begin? The grey winter days have been dragging on far too long and my poor Niko has been teething and miserable. Along with those teeth, his list of food likes seems to be rapidly shrinking.
My once “will eat anything I can get my hands on” son, has now become quite the selective eater. In an attempt to avoid defeat I combined his two favourite foods tonight – pasta and avocados!
To all you moms out there, I’d love to know how you sneak healthy goodies into your kids meals!
P.S. Be sure to tag #cookingwithmable if you cook up this perfect meatless Monday dish!
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 11/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 5 cloves garlic (2 for avocado cream sauce and 3 for shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine zoodles, avocado sauce, shrimp, cherry tomatoes and corn.
- Serve immediately.
*Thanks you Go Produce Inc. for sponsoring this post.