I have been trying to get back onto the healthy eating train since coming home from our Charleston trip. Vegetables always seem to be lacking from vacation diets so I was super excited to see that Go Produce had local lacinato kale available in their bags this week! This kale variety has a sweet, nutty flavour that goes so well with warm roasted veggies. If you haven’t tried lacinato kale, be sure to pick some up and give this salad a try. Enjoy!
P.S. Go Produce Inc. just launched their new site last week and it is amazing! They now also carry an wonderful selection of local wines and beers. My favourite is the Baco Noir from Aleksander Estate Winery… Make sure to check it out!
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bunches of lacinato kale
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Anchor Coffee House Lemon Garlic Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and dry carrots and potatoes. Cut both into 1/4 inch thick round discs.
- In a bowl, combine chopped potatoes, carrots, and chickpeas. Add olive oil and spices, and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake vegetables and chickpeas for 50 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine thinly sliced lacinato kale, roasted vegetables and chickpeas, brown rice and dressing until well coated
- Serve in bowls and top with sesame seeds.
Shop the Post
*Thank you Go Produce Inc. for sponsoring this post