There is nothing worse than getting a fresh mani and ruining it a couple days later. Here are a couple tips that I use to keep mine looking fresh for 10+ days!
1. Use a cotton swab to apply white vinegar or alcohol before applying a base coat. This helps to remove any product buildup or natural oils on your nail bed that could create a barrier between the polish.
2. Exercise cuticle care. Make sure to push back cuticles before you start the painting process. This step ensures that your manicure last as long as possible.
3. Apply a base coat. I just started using Nails Inc. Nailpure Base Coat and love it, it’s patented regenerating complex boosts the production of keratin to support harder, stronger, and healthier-looking nails.
4. Apply two layers of your go-to color. With the exception of the holiday reds, my nail palette typically remains a blush neutal. Essie’s Romper Room looks great on all skin types and goes on smooth.
5. Reapply a top coat every 2-3 days for added protection. Essie’s Gel Setter dries fast and gives added shine which keeps your manicure looking fresh!
6. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Keeping your hands and cuticles hydrated help to protect against chipping. My absolute FAVE hand cream is L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, I buy them as stocking stuffers for all my friends and family each Christmas. Argan oil is a great cuticle oil that can also be used on your face to help improve skin texture and tone.
Do you have any great tips on extending the life of a mani, I’d love to know!